On Saturday 21st January,there was an 11 a side friendly arranged against Brentford Development at our home ground The Hive.
Yaseen Valji (C)
Hussayn Meghjee (gk)
It was clear to all that the opposition was far superior in every way. We had a team talk at the break as i could see that heads were down i made some substitutions. On came Kumayl and Hassan and that seemed to slow down the tide of goals. I was very impressed with the substitution’s efforts as they battled against a very strong and physical team. The second half we let in another 4 goals and the game ended 0-12.
The positives to take from this match:
- 2 new players into the first team more than capable of starting next game.
- playing against a premiership u16’s team showed us where we are at and what to aim for. Good experience.
Lessons to be learnt:
- we need to be mentally positive before and during the the game.
- physically put more effort into challanges.
- stick to our game plan and positions.
- work on our stamina.
I’m looking forward to next week’s match against another very strong opposition St James.
I’m sure that the players will step up.
Manager – tier 6