On Saturday 11 November 2017, Tier 3 played against Hendon. The team managed by Sabir was:
Asad Ali Bandali
The manager and boys got there early and warmed up with great enthusiasm.
Match report and player highlights
This was my first match at Tier 3 and I can honestly say it was one of the most entertaining matches I have seen! Goals were flying in for both teams, some great defending but even better attacking play from both teams. We did unfortunately lose 9-8 but there were moments where both teams were ahead and behind, SJFA coming back from 2 goals down at one point. Every player played well and showed unique qualities:
- Mehdi Walji – From goal stopper to goal scorer, played half the game in goal making 2 great saves and coming out to score 2 goals!
- Deen Pirbhai – Defensive masterclass, heading, blocking and tackling anything in his way. Also showed great composure on the ball assisting 2 goals with incisive through balls.
- Asad Ali Bandali – Played mostly on the wing and striker, scoring a crucial goal getting SJFA back into the game. Great movement of the ball and strength when coming back to defend and help the team.
- Mikaeel Dadlani – After begging his parents to let him play after recovering from the flu, he put in a MOTM performance scoring 3 goals and running past the opposition at will. He was constant danger throughout the whole game!
- Shakir Moledina – Offered to start in goal for the team, making multiple saves insuring the team stayed in the game. Outfield he was playing in defence, but as the game went on his confidence grew and at the end he was alone at the back and put in 2 fantastic one-on-one tackles.
- Haani Merali – My go to player, who played in every position. Had the ability to play in defence as well on the wing and attack. Showed in the first half he can put in a tackle and pass the ball and in the second half that he can receive the ball and make chances for others. Great asset to have, and fantastic team player.
- Husayn Merali – Played nearly the whole match on either wing, consistent threat with his dribbling skills. Also showed he has the goal scoring touch when we needed him.
This was a great effort from the whole team and we hope to see them at forthcoming matches! Thanks to all the parents for their support.
Result: SJFA 8 – 9 Hendon
Our motto this season: we never stop trying
Coach – Tier 3, SJFA