This Sunday (11 November) 9 SJFA coaches will continue their football qualifications by embarking on a FA Level 2 coaching course.
The nine coaches are:
The SJFA coaches will be joined by our brothers and sisters from Hyderi.
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football leads to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football qualification.
In order to understand the coaching of players, coaches need to understand themselves, their players and the game itself. This course will support our coaches along this process both on-course and in their own coaching environment.
The course is underpinned by the ethos of allowing the players to feel included, empowered and to be able to make mistakes. It is about designing relevant game-like practices with plenty of decision-making that enables the players to practice in an environment that’s positive and enjoyable.
As a FA Level 2 football coach, SJFA coaches will be able to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of linked and progressive football coaching sessions independently.
The course will cover key issues in coaching while putting the players and their learning at the centre of the choices that coaches make. It will help SJFA to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions they make while encouraging a long-term view on player development. The course will examine what effective and great practice looks like in training and competition, right the way through the player’s journey from under 7 to open age, across the various formats of the game, helping our coaches to consider the age, ability, maturity and experience of the players in their care.
The course of learning is made up of 20 guided learning, face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, split into three blocks of learning:
Block 1 – How We Coach,
Block 2 – How We Support and The Future Player,
Block 3 – How We Play
The course is an intensive course –
145 hours (total qualification time) / 73 hours (guided learning) and demonstrates once again the commitment of our coaches.
Block 1 – How We Coach
- Sunday 04th November 2018 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 11th November 2018 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 18th November 2018 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturday 15th December 2018 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Block 2 – How We Support & The Future Player
- Saturday 12th January 2019 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 13th January 2019 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 20th January 2019 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Block 3 – How We Play
- Saturday 23rd March 2019 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 24th March 2019 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday 31st March 2019 Theory/Practical – 9.00am – 5.00pm
We ask all parents/guardians and SJFA members to support our coaches on their further development.
SJFA “ONE” TEAM