On Saturday 21st January,there was an 11 a side friendly arranged against Brentford Development at our home ground The Hive.
Yaseen Valji (C)
Hussayn Meghjee (gk)
It was a freezing Saturday afternoon.The game kicked off at 3 pm and straight away we were down by 3 goals within the first 10 minutes. It didn’t get any better and by half time it was 0-8.
It was clear to all that the opposition was far superior in every way. We had a team talk at the break as i could see that heads were down i made some substitutions. On came Kumayl and Hassan and that seemed to slow down the tide of goals. I was very impressed with the substitution’s efforts as they battled against a very strong and physical team. The second half we let in another 4 goals and the game ended 0-12.
The positives to take from this match:
- 2 new players into the first team more than capable of starting next game.
- playing against a premiership u16’s team showed us where we are at and what to aim for. Good experience.
Lessons to be learnt:
- we need to be mentally positive before and during the the game.
- physically put more effort into challanges.
- stick to our game plan and positions.
- work on our stamina.
I’m looking forward to next week’s match against another very strong opposition St James.
I’m sure that the players will step up.
Manager – tier 6